As I mentioned at the time, when I moved up here in October, there was already a group here. They started on September 30, and their program ends tomorrow, March 2. We've been doing some closing activities, and we had a "graduation" ceremony on Thursday evening. My friend Elana made an awesome slideshow of our photos from the last five months, which you can watch here. Some people have already left, and most of my friends are leaving tomorrow.
This is going to be really weird. I'm forever indebted to these people for being so welcoming when we (the Ramla group) moved in, and for making me a part of their already-existing group. They were so much more friendly and open than most of the people I met in Ramla. I don't know what I'm going to do when they're gone. Veronika, Alex, Sara, Talia, Emily, Elana, Jon, Jesse, Mike, Arron, and even Jackie, you've made such a difference in my life, and I will never forget you. Thank you for everything.
And of course, thank you also to Oshra, our coordinator, for making me feel at home on the kibbutz and for giving me the opportunity to work at Ofek High School.
There is another Oranim group arriving here on March 8, but it just won't be the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww!!! I will miss you too :-)
ReplyDelete