Sunday, August 16, 2009

עמק יזרעאל | Talent Show & Yizre'el Valley

On Wednesday night, we had a social night with the Nes Tziona group. We had a puppet show, dancing, and musical acts. I prepared a duet with one of the girls in the group, but she was stuck in Tzfat the afternoon of the talent show, so I sang "Louder Than Words" from tick, tick... BOOM! at the last minute.

Then on Thursday, we had an Oranim trip to the Yizre'el Valley. It wasn't a disaster like the Carmel trip was, thankfully. It was very uneventful, though. Yariv lead the group this time, and he's very good at doing that. There was no hiking; we just visited a few sites in the valley and Yariv told us about the history of the locations. It was kind of boring, actually. The stories of each site just weren't very interesting. Although, I actually realized that I had been to one of the places before: I visited Nahal HaKibbutzim when I was here in 2004 on the March of the Living.

Pictures from the talent show are up here (starting with #154) and pictures from the Yizre'el Valley are up here (starting with #173).

No comments:

Post a Comment