Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Volunteering: Week Three

On Sunday, the Arab Kadima had their end-of-session party. It was pretty cool. They had prepared dances and skits (which I saw them practicing last week). The skits were in Arabic, so I didn't actually know what was going on, but the dances were pretty good. They also gave each of us a fancy paper with an appreciative poem. It was really nice.

On Monday, I worked at the senior center. Today (Tuesday), I was at the soup kitchen, and tomorrow, I'm going back to the senior center. The Kadimas are done for the summer.

Tomorrow afternoon, we're all going to Jerusalem for a day and a half (more details on that when we get back), and on Friday night, Sarah and I are finally going to meet our host family for Shabbat dinner! I called Becky, the host person, this afternoon, and we had a short conversation and I was very proud of myself to be able to arrange dinner plans in Hebrew (haha). We discovered a few weeks ago that Becky doesn't really speak English, but hopefully her family does... or maybe it was just a bad phone connection. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. this is all fascinating. are a lot of people going to the soup kitchen? has the weather gotten a little cooler (PS-Evan says hi)

    ReplyDelete