Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Israeli Mexican Food?

There's another Oranim group that has been here in Ramla for 6 weeks or so. Our group is supposed to mix with them. The other group seems pretty tightly knit, though, so I don't know if that's really going to happen. Or at least, not easily.

Anyway, for dinner tonight, they took us to this place that was supposed to have Mexican food. That turned out to be a lie. It's basically middle-eastern-flavored meat in a tortilla. With hummus. I guess that's the Israeli version of a burrito. It tasted fine; it was just a bit of a letdown if you were expecting a taco.

3 comments:

  1. Aww damn.. that's a letdown! Looks like your trip so far has been neat!!! Enjoy it!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sounds good. PS-can you believe I chatted with Atty Genl Blumenthal and his son just got back from doing an Oranim tour last month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Statistics Mike!

    Sorry about your taco. Try ordering a vegetarian pizza in Arabic, and discovering that turkey and salami aren't meat, hah. I'm interested to hear about Ulpan and your Hebrew experience when you start. As we say in Jordan, Btawfiq (good luck!)

    ~Allie

    ReplyDelete